Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I amend my 2018 return to include four months of 1095 A health insurance marketplace statement

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

How do I amend my 2018 return to include four months of 1095 A health insurance marketplace statement

Click on 2018 below. You can add your 1095-A which will generate Form 8962.

1. Open (continue) your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. In the upper right, search for 1095-A.
  3. Select the Jump to link in the search results.
  4. Answer Yes on the Did you receive Form 1095-A for your health insurance plan? screen and Continue.
  5. Enter your 1095-A info on the next screen and select Continue. We don't need all the info from your 1095-A, so we'll only ask about the info that affects your return.

How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed

You can amend e-filed returns if they've been accepted; paper-filed returns may be amended once they've been mailed.

If your e-file is still pending, you won't be able to make changes until the IRS either accepts or rejects it. Don't know your e-file status? Here's how to look it up.

Select your tax year for amending instructions:

Keep in mind: You have 3 years from the date you filed your return or 2 years after you paid the tax due (whichever is later) to file an amendment.

ljwonline
Returning Member

I followed the instructions for accessing and amending my 2018 Tax Return by adding my 1095-A but it keeps saying that it cannot find find the answer to my question when I click on 2018. Can I get a number to call for help?

My phone number is [phone number removed].

ljwonline
Returning Member

I keep receiving the following message:

Intuit

We couldn’t find that answer for you

Use the Back button to try again.

ljwonline
Returning Member

This the message I keep receiving

We couldn’t find that answer for you

Use the Back button to try again.

ljwonline
Returning Member

I followed the instructions for accessing and amending my 2018 Tax Return by adding my 1095-A but it keeps saying that it cannot find find the answer to my question when I click on 2018. Can I get a number to call for help?

@ljwonline wrote:

My phone number is [phone number removed].

Use this TurboTax website to contact support - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

ljwonline
Returning Member

Can I get a number to call. I have followed your instructions online but when I click on 2018, the message zi receive is that "We could not find the answer to that"

@ljwonline wrote:

Can I get a number to call. I have followed your instructions online but when I click on 2018, the message zi receive is that "We could not find the answer to that"

What do you mean "click on 2018"?

If you use this website and enter your product information, enter your question and on the following screen enter personal information and click on the large blue button labeled Get the phone number, you will be able to access a live TurbTax support agent - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies