turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I get Turbo Tax to apply the existing credit in my IRS account to my 2020 taxes due?

I paid over $4000 in quarterly taxes in 2019 toward my 2020 taxes.  Why hasn't Turbo Tax pull it into my taxes due calculation?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

How can I get Turbo Tax to apply the existing credit in my IRS account to my 2020 taxes due?

You couldn't make estimated tax payments in 2019 for your 2020 tax. Estimated tax for 2020 had to be paid in 2020 or in January 2021. Any quarterly estimated tax payments that you made in 2019 were for your 2019 tax. (A payment in January 2019 could have been for 2018.)

BillM223
Expert Alumni

TurboTax has no way to know that you made estimated tax payments. The only information we know about your tax data is what you tell us.

But you can easily enter these payments by doing the following:

Do a Search (upper right) for estimated taxes paid and click on the jump-to link (Mac users will have to find estimated taxes paid in the Topics List). Note: just type in estimated taxes paid and hit Enter - ignore any suggested Search terms.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies