turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How can I change the color/size of the fonts so that I can better see them?

Somewhat disappointing that with a mature TurboTax application on a MAC; a user can't adjust size of what is being displayed for data entry and reviews?  This is on the installed application, not the web version.

I had the same problem and with the help of a TurboTax phone help wizard, we were able to get to a solution.  

On an I-Mac, push your cursor all the way to the top of the screen.  When the tool bar appears, go to the little black apple in the upper left corner of the screen.  Click on the apple and a menu will appear.  Click on "System Preferences."  A "System Preferences" window should appear momentarily.  Find the "Displays" icon and click on it. In the window that appears, select "Display."  At "Resolution,"  select "Scaled." Pick a lower resolution scale and click on it.  The screen should blacken momentarily, then the new scale will be displayed both in the window and in the TurboTax Screen.  You might want to try the different display scales to decide which you prefer.

Hope this works for you the way it did for me.

All the Best!

SunRiver

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

It worked for me! Thanks!

With Turbotax Premier 2020 on macOS desktop version, I found that pressing command-comma bring up a "Form Scale" dialog with a slider to adjust the size of the font size of the tax form in the forms view. It doesn't seem to do anything in the EasyStep view.

On a Mac, there doesn't appear to be a setting in TurboTax to make the font bigger.

But you can go to Applications/System Preferences/Displays/Display and pick Resolution: Scaled and experiment with different resolutions, which will make the fonts look bigger.

There are also zoom settings in System Preferences/Accessibility/Zoom.

In Windows, as you already mentioned, pressing CTRL and PLUS SIGN should increase the font size.  

@ericgbirds

Kzhu

I am using Windows 10 and TurboTax Premier 2020.

Pressing Ctrl + Pule/Minus signs does not help changing the font size on the screen. Clicking View > Zoom > Zoom In/Zoom Out/Zoom Reset does not help either.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

@Kzhu These are the steps listed by Microsoft to change the size of your text:

To change your display in Windows 10, select Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Display. To make only the text on your screen larger, adjust the slider under Make text bigger. To make everything larger, including images and apps, choose an option from the drop-down menu under Make everything bigger.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you so much for your very helpful answer for solving  all the viewing needs for these tire, 80 yr old eyes.  I've been poorly looking for years for a way to do this, even with AppleCare tech who weren't able to help. 

You're the best,  Ken

I'm sorry, but changing the resolution for my whole system is not a viable solution. Intuit is a huge company full of engineers. They should be able to add a basic feature like font size, like any browser or text editor.

It's very hard to read the TurboTax window, but if I change the resolution it affects every other application. Can this please be fixed as an update or in future versions?

This is not helpful. I've already set all my other fonts so they're a good size for me. They'll be giant size once I finally figure out this exceedingly complex process.  The shorthand "command, +" doesn't work.

KristinaK
Employee Tax Expert

If you are using TurboTax Desktop version, then Command+/Ctrl+ shortcut will not work. 

Look at the bottom right of your Desktop version (I am using TurboTax for Windows), you should see letters as shown on the screenshot. Click on the bigger one and it will increase the font in your program. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Unfortunately I don't see that in the bottom right on TurboTax for Mac.

All help articles for this for Mac are incorrect [suggested are, Control+, Option+, etc]

If I can't maker the font larger I want my money back.

I agree - this is a stupid idea

"With Turbotax Premier 2020 on macOS desktop version, I found that pressing command-comma bring up a "Form Scale" dialog with a slider to adjust the size of the font size of the tax form in the forms view. It doesn't seem to do anything in the EasyStep view."

**This works for 2021 Deluxe

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies