turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

t021483

Hi, my husband and I both travel. I want to be able to log in to turbo tax with two factor authentication. Can I choose to send the code to either of our phones?

Currently turbo tax only has his address and phone but that is very inconvenient if he is traveling
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Hi, my husband and I both travel. I want to be able to log in to turbo tax with two factor authentication. Can I choose to send the code to either of our phones?

You may use google authenticator for the two-factor authentication. Please click here for more details. Then please click here for instructions to download and use the authenticator on multiple devices.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
t021483

Thank you!

eb312

There seems to be no way to contact Turbotax technical support outside this community discussion board so here goes...

I'm trying to turn off 2FA for my account. Like the above poster, my wife and I both want to be able to log into our married-filing-jointly account, but it's annoying for her to try to log in and a text message goes to my phone and not hers.

When I try to enable Google Authenticator though the screen freezes up on my browser (chrome, firefox, brave - all seem to have this issue) and I can't change the security settings.

This looks every bit like a bug and wondering if others are also having this issue.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You can disable the two-step verification by following the instructions below. Please make sure you are doing this on a laptop or desktop computer:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account, if you're not already signed in.
  2. From the left-hand menu, select Intuit Account.
  3. On the Welcome! screen, select Sign-in & security.
  4. On the next screen, select Two-step verification and follow the instructions to enable or disable as desired.

The TurboTax mobile app does not support two-step verification and cannot be used to enable or disable two-step verification.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies