turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jkmajoria

Haven't received 2nd stimulus. Was going to do rebate recovery however, I don't need to file taxes for 2020 because I had absolutely no income. Please help.

Received paper check for 1st stimulus, why haven't I received the 2nd??
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

Haven't received 2nd stimulus. Was going to do rebate recovery however, I don't need to file taxes for 2020 because I had absolutely no income. Please help.

We're sorry to hear that you haven't received your payment yet.  

If you have zero or no income and are not normally required to file a tax return, you may use the TurboTax DIY Free Edition at no cost to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit

• Note: The Internal Revenue Service announced that the nation's tax season will start on Friday, February 12, 2021, when the tax agency will begin accepting and processing 2020 tax year returns (which includes e-file).

Check the IRS Get My Payment tool to see if the IRS has a 2nd stimulus payment for you. The tool should tell you where your stimulus payment was deposited or mailed. The IRS has indicated there’s nothing you can do to change where they send your payment.

• Note: Updates may not be immediately reflected on IRS.gov, including the Get My Payment tool.

Please see the following page for additional information: Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Only the IRS can tell you why they did not pay round 2 to you, and they aren't answering anyone's questions.  You must file a tax return to claim the rebate, even if you have no income and owe no tax. 

Note that in prior years, you could not e-file a return with zero income.  You may need to create $1 of fake interest or hobby income to be able to e-file your return, unless the IRS has changed their rules this year.  This will not increase your tax or decrease your eligibility for the rebate credit. 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies