Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nolajudd

Grantor Tax Information Letter Short- and Long-Term Capital Loss to be reported on SCH D, Parts I, Line 5 and II, Line 12

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Grantor Tax Information Letter Short- and Long-Term Capital Loss to be reported on SCH D, Parts I, Line 5 and II, Line 12

Did you have a question about a grantor information letter?

nolajudd

I received the letter, but do not know how to enter the SCH D information on the lines they dictate in TurboTax.

@nolajudd wrote:

I received the letter, but do not know how to enter the SCH D information on the lines they dictate in TurboTax.

Enter that in the Investment Income section under Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other.

If the letter provides you with limited information (such as amounts only for long-term and/or short-term gain), then you can enter those items in the same manner as if you had received a K-1 (click the Start or Update button to the right of Schedule K-1 and select Estates or Trusts (Form 1041).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies