turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

idesign01

Getting a message saying can’t file CA returns yet. I get a message asking to be notified when I can. Is California not ready to accept returns at the moment?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Getting a message saying can’t file CA returns yet. I get a message asking to be notified when I can. Is California not ready to accept returns at the moment?

The program tells you what is not yet ready in your return and when it is expected to be ready ... you will need to wait until then to file the CA return ... there is nothing you can do to speed things up and the CA return cannot be efiled until the fed is accepted which probably not be until 1/27 or later so you have time to wait ...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-...

Any new updates on CA being ready so I can file????

Yes, CA state forms are mostly ready for E-filing.  To be sure, here is a list to check:

State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

Select your situation to locate your 2020 form.

Keep in mind:

• When you locate your form or schedule, there will be dates for both Print and (depending on the state and the form) E-file availability. If the E-file form is listed as unsupported, the form must be printed and you'll need to mail your return.
  • Forms and schedules missing from the table aren't supported in TurboTax.

Related Information:

@cmmiller992000

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies