Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

How do i delete federal tax return and start over ? I can't find tools.

If you have not paid for the tax return or registered the tax return, you can use Clear and Start Over.

Clear and Start Over will wipe all the data you have already entered. You will be starting over from scratch.

To Clear and Start Over in TurboTax Online:

• You should be signed in and working in TurboTax Online
  • In the left-hand black menu, click on Tax Tools
  • Then choose Clear and Start Over.

TurboTax defaults to the edition that you were last using. If you want to change the edition, you may do so in the first couple of screens. 

@Shorty12558

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
cjaxs

I have never filed taxes since  I was married, I filed for stimulus I had a w2 from 2017 I worked 6 wks, I thought it was 2018 but 2017,gross was 346.78, how can I fix and amend it please

What did you do ???   Did you put the 2018 income on the non filers 2019 return ?  Did you mail in the 2018 return ?   Was that your ONLY income ?  Did the IRS process the return yet if you filed it ? 

@cjaxs 

It is not clear exactly what you did.  You say you had a W-2 from 2017 and "filed for stimulus."  What do you mean by that?  What did you file?  The current online software is only for 2019 returns--no other year.  So if you used the online program and entered a W-2 from 2017 into it, that was a mistake.  Did you mail it in?  Or did you e-file (or try to e-file) it?  What is the status of the e-file?

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

You also said "I have never filed taxes since I was married..."

Were you married in 2019?  Did you and your spouse file a joint return? 

If you and your spouse have been filing jointly then you should have received a stimulus check for a married couple.  Why are you trying to get a stimulus check for just yourself?

If you filed a joint return with your spouse for 2017 then that W-2 should have been included on the joint return.  If you were not married in 2017 then was that $347 your only income in 2017?  If so, you have no filing requirement for 2017.  Were you someone else's dependent for 2017?

It is not clear whether you really "filed" anything at this point so do not try to click on anything that says "amend."  

The IRS does not look at 2017 income to issue stimulus money.  They look at income tax returns for tax years 2018 or 2019.  We do not know if you filed anything for those years.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Was it in your banking information and if so, had you already e filed? I noticed a mistake with one number missing in mine and I’m freaking out.

If you entered incorrect banking information the bank will reject the deposit and send it back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will issue a check and mail it to the address on your tax return.  Sorry---but that will delay your refund for several weeks.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
frank1

Sorry. I’ve not efiled yet. 

I've already filed and it's been accepted

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

If you've already filed and it's been accepted it is not possible to change your bank information.  If your bank is unable to deposit the refund, they will send the deposit back to the IRS and the IRS will mail you a check.

@Melinda47

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies