Forgot my 5 digit pin

Employee TurboTax Specialist

Forgot my 5 digit pin

Are you referring to an e-filing pin?

Forgot my 5 digit pin

Is there away I can reset my 5 digit PIN number I don't remember what I made it last year when I filed. 

Forgot my 5 digit pin

No if you forget your 5 digit PIN it will not be reassigned.  See What is the difference between the five-digit Self-Select PIN I created last year and my Self-Select...

Forgot my 5 digit pin

this article does not address the problem, is there anything else we can do I can't file 

Forgot my 5 digit pin

You can use last year's AGI if you don't know the PIN number. Please see, How do I find last year’s AGI?

@elmatatan15

Forgot my 5 digit pin

Is asking me for both, so?  

Forgot my 5 digit pin

If you have a copy of last year's return, the 5 digit self-selected efile Pin will be included in the Federal Information Worksheet,  The worksheet is included in the PDF of the 2018 tax return that you can download if you used the online editions. If you filed a return with Turbo Tax in 2018, you can download and print the return, unless you filed using the free version on Turbo Tax. 

Forgot my 5 digit pin

I forgot my pin how do I recover it.

Forgot my 5 digit pin

The IRS has eliminated the use of a PIN to e-file your 2019 tax return.  To verify your identity for e-filing will use last year's adjusted gross income (AGI) as your PIN.  

You can get a copy of your 2018 tax return, from TurboTax it will have your AGI.  Follow these steps to get a copy of your prior-year tax return. 

Sign in to TurboTax making sure you're using the same TurboTax account (with the same username) as in prior years. 

1. Select Documents from the navigation when it appears.
  2. Use the drop-down menu at the top of the screen to choose the tax year you want and then select Download PDF. 

This link  How do I access a prior year return? has additional information that you may find useful. 

However, if you need an IP PIN to file your taxes and you lost your CP01A letter (or never received it), you can:

• Retrieve your IP PIN online at the IRS's Get an IP PIN site; or
  • Call the IRS at 1-800-908-4490 to have your IP PIN mailed to you (this can take up to 21 days)