turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

For some reason I didn’t receive the second stimulus payment, even though I do qualify. Is it true that I can requested when I do my taxes?

I read some information still being able to receive the second payment through my taxes, I just want to know if that’s accurate.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

For some reason I didn’t receive the second stimulus payment, even though I do qualify. Is it true that I can requested when I do my taxes?

Yes, that's true. You can claim the recovery rebate credit on your tax return for the stimulus payment that you didn't receive. At the beginning of the Federal Review, TurboTax will ask how much you received for each stimulus payment. If you didn't get the full amount that you are entitled to, based on your 2020 tax return, TurboTax will give you the recovery rebate credit on your tax return for the missing amount.

pk
Level 15
Level 15

@luis-aponte83  that is correct.  The payments were an advance against  a credit. So if  did  not receive the full amount  ( first and the second), during your return preparation you will be asked about it , fill  out a specific form  ( all done  by TurboTax) and  the un-received portion of the  credit would be applied agaisnt your tax liability -- thus  your refund will go up.

Is there more I can do for you ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies