turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filing Multiple Returns

Hello,

I purchased TT Deluxe at Costco to do my taxes on. I started my return, but have not finished it yet. I was working with TT online (free version) for my daughter and I hit a point where is says I need to update to Deluxe as the free version does not have the right forms to continue. Can I use the Deluxe version I purchased at Costco to do both of our returns? I think I read that it allows you do to 5 returns, but only one state return is included, so I would have to pay for the other state return. Is this correct or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Filing Multiple Returns

Actually the Desktop program can do unlimited returns and efile 5 federal for free.  You get 1 free state program download to prepare unlimited state returns in the same state.  Then each state return including the first one is 24.99 to efile or you can print and mail state for free.

You can start a new Desktop return, go up to File-New.  Or if you don't want to start hers over you can move her online return to the Desktop program.

To continue in the desktop version see this…….

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

FYI - Be sure to save frequently, go up to File-Save or Save As.  Save each return with a name you can tell apart from another one.  Especially if another return has the same name or initial.  Like a father and son.  Or if you have the same name the second return might overwrite the first one.  

The tax returns end in .tax2019 and should be saved in your Documents then in a Turbo Tax folder.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies