turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filing 2018 Taxes

Hi I am using the TurboTax software to file for the Federal and MA state taxes. 

The first page I am getting is that of Form M-8453Individual Income Tax Declaration for Electronic Filing 2018. 

Do we to send in this form. 

Thanks 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Filing 2018 Taxes

I am confused----the heading in your post says "Filing 2018 Taxes"  but you say you have a page that says

Form M-8453Individual Income Tax Declaration for Electronic Filing 2019. "

What tax year are you working on?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Filing 2018 Taxes

If you are using the downloaded 2018 program  then in the FILE tab choose to mail in the return and the proper forms and filing instructions will be presented.    That form is only used when efiling which you can no longer do.

Filing 2018 Taxes

If you are using the current ONLINE program to file a 2018 return then STOP !!!   The online program is ONLY for the 2019 returns right now so do NOT mail in anything from this program ... look at the forms ... do they say 2019 on them ???

Filing 2018 Taxes

My apologies for the confusion I am working 2018.  I am using TurboTax amend software and it is giving me   Form M-8453Individual Income Tax Declaration for Electronic Filing 2018. 

Do I need to send this form.

Filing 2018 Taxes

Sorry for the confusion I am using 2018 TurboTax amend. 

and getting  Form M-8453Individual Income Tax Declaration for Electronic Filing 2018. 

all other forms have 2018 mentioned rather than 2019. 

Manage cookies