turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filed jointly for 2018 tax return, can’t get in touch with ex husband for AGI number to file my taxes this year

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filed jointly for 2018 tax return, can’t get in touch with ex husband for AGI number to file my taxes this year

since you filed jointly, you should be able to get a transcript of the return from the IRS website

https://www.irs.gov/

Request Online
What You Need
To register and use this service, you need:

your SSN, date of birth, filing status and mailing address from the latest tax return,
access to your email account,
your personal account number from a credit card, mortgage, home equity loan, home equity line of credit or car loan, and
a mobile phone with your name on the account.

OR

Request by Mail
What You Need
To use this service, you need your:

SSN or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN),
date of birth, and
mailing address from your latest tax return (2018)

should you be unable to get this for some reason, you can always mail in your return.   Your AGI is not needed when your return is mailed.   follow TT filing instructions.   use a method where you can either track or get proof of delivery   

My ex husband filed jointly in 2018 and I need my personal pin and the ability he will not give them to me no credit card and wasn't found on IRS 

Idk if he used k or Kaye idk and I wasn't allowed to know what he did because he claimed my son that and the money he says is none of my business

I'm running out of time I really need our stimulus package and he knows but he got his 

That or the personal pin is and we have neither isnt it illegal for him to hold our personal information

SusanY1
Employee Tax Expert

Have you tried to access a copy of your tax return transcript yet?  It will have your AGI information on it.  

Since you filed the return jointly, you are entitled to a copy of the transcript. You can get it here: IRS Transcripts

Unfortunately, if your return requires an IP PIN and not just a standard pin, you will not be able to electronically file your return this year if you are unable to obtain it and you will need to print the return and mail it in. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I don't know if that pin or if there is another one plus I can't access the 2018 return because my ex husband knows I own nothing with my name to prove it 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies