turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

VPJr

Federal Tax Return - S-Corporation Form 11205

Federal tax return S-Corporation Form 11205 not needed and somehow in my return.  I do have a K-1 partnership which I filled out but no S-Corporation Form 11205; not needed  How to delete?,

Thank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@VPJr wrote:

....I do not have any S corporation information.  Any idea how the state form received this; I though this maybe coming from the Federal tax forms?

I have done quite a few test returns with various versions of TurboTax and have noticed that the state-specific K-1s can be "sticky"; they never seem to disappear. In fact, those K-1s have even regenerated after restarting the program despite the fact that I deleted them in Forms Mode (in the desktop versions).

The only thing I can suggest, assuming your state-specific K-1 cannot be deleted, would be to ensure that it is zeroed out. I have gone through the entire process and have not experienced any issues with the program with a blank state-specific K-1.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

You might have started the K-1 section for the 1120-S, in which case you can easily delete it in the program using the Delete button (take care not to delete the K-1 for the 1065).

You also might have a phantom K-1 in your file which you can delete using the instructions at the link below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-delete-a-k-1/00/26655

VPJr

Thanks for the recommendation.

However, I only see one K-1 that was entered by me in the Federal return and it is correct.  If I go through the steps for the correct K-1 which bring me back to the K-1 Summary pages which again only shows the one I need.  I believe I am good on the federal side.

However, if I proceed into the NJ state return and fill the K-1 screens including the NJK-1 partnership information, it is asking for an S Corporation Income with "You reported income from S corporations.  We'll review you S corporation information now.".  I do not have any S corporation information.  Any idea how the state form received this; I though this maybe coming from the Federal tax forms?

I apologize I was not clear last time.  Please advise.

Thank you

@VPJr wrote:

....I do not have any S corporation information.  Any idea how the state form received this; I though this maybe coming from the Federal tax forms?

I have done quite a few test returns with various versions of TurboTax and have noticed that the state-specific K-1s can be "sticky"; they never seem to disappear. In fact, those K-1s have even regenerated after restarting the program despite the fact that I deleted them in Forms Mode (in the desktop versions).

The only thing I can suggest, assuming your state-specific K-1 cannot be deleted, would be to ensure that it is zeroed out. I have gone through the entire process and have not experienced any issues with the program with a blank state-specific K-1.

VPJr

Thanks again for hanging in there with me.

I will try to delete in forms.  Again I have a valid K-1 partnership but no S corporation so just want to eliminate the S corporation on the State filing. 

If you try to continue through the S corporation on the state return it errors out, not allowing you to continue and wanting you to enter valid entries; so deleting I think is the only way.

I will advise in a few hours as have a meeting to attend.

Thank you

NS1
Level 3

@VPJr Hi! I have the exact same problem! I am at the NJ state return portion and it says I have reported income from S Corporation which is NOT true.. and I am stuck!! Were you able to fix this and how? 

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 21.45.44.png

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies