turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Estimated Vouchers for 2020 - Do they really get filed with an electronic 2019 return

I just submitted my 2019 Federal and NY State tax return electronically.  I didn't pay much attention to the "Filing Version" of the saved tax PDF file before submission, and I just now noticed that it includes all the 2020 Estimated Tax Vouchers for both Federal and State. 

Question:  Do all those estimated tax voucher documents really get submitted to the IRS when I electronically file? 

I would have thought those estimated tax vouchers should only show up in the "Records Version" of the saved tax PDF file.  I'm not sure I'm happy with all those document being submitted with my return, especially since I moved out of NY last year and certainly don't need to send them estimated taxes for 2020.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Estimated Vouchers for 2020 - Do they really get filed with an electronic 2019 return

Estimated Tax Payment forms are NOT sent to the IRS or your State when you e-file.  They are for your use only and do not have to be used if not needed.  They can only be used to mail an estimated tax payment with a check or money order.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Estimated Tax Payment forms are NOT sent to the IRS or your State when you e-file.  They are for your use only and do not have to be used if not needed.  They can only be used to mail an estimated tax payment with a check or money order.

@DoninGAthank you so much for a quick answer.  That's what I was hoping, but it was such a surprise to see those in the "filing copy", which is supposedly all the forms you need to file your return.  I guess TurboTax prints those out for you in the event you never print your "records" copy.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies