turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Entered crypto trades and now is says no taxable imported transactions

Imported CSV with several hundred trades from a TurboTax partner. Import worked good and all my trades showed up and looked exactly as they were in the CSV file. I had a net loss on the year for trades. But on the following screens, it showed me this:

• You currently don't have any taxable imported transactions
  • You currently don't have any taxable entered transactions

And if I click through the screens and then go back to the crypto area, it doesn't show any of my trades that I imported. Is this correct, because I had a net loss on my trades? Or is something wrong with TurboTax.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Even if you had a net capital loss for your trades, each individual trade still has to be reported on Form 8949. If you are not seeing any imported trades at all, there may have been an issue with the import. Before trying any troubleshooting, I recommend printing out the forms themselves to make sure that your trades didn't import. When you print, you will look for these trades on Forms 8949, and they will then flow to Schedule D. Here's how to print:

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Select Tax Tools in the left menu (if you don't see this, select the menu icon in the upper-left corner).
  3. With the Tax Tools menu open, you can then:
  • Select Print Center and then Print, Save, or Preview This Year's Return to preview your entire return, including all forms and worksheets (you may be asked to register or pay first).

If the trades are not present after you check the forms, you may want to try clearing your cookies and cache before you try the import again. Here's how:

Each browser has a slightly different method for deleting cookies. Choose the browser you're using:

A full or corrupted cache can cause problems in TurboTax, so sometimes you need to clear your cache (that is, remove these temporary files).

Here are the official instructions for the most popular browsers:

Apple's official support site doesn't appear to contain instructions for clearing the cache in Safari. Your best bet is to search the Internet for clear Safari cache or similar search terms.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Even if you had a net capital loss for your trades, each individual trade still has to be reported on Form 8949. If you are not seeing any imported trades at all, there may have been an issue with the import. Before trying any troubleshooting, I recommend printing out the forms themselves to make sure that your trades didn't import. When you print, you will look for these trades on Forms 8949, and they will then flow to Schedule D. Here's how to print:

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Select Tax Tools in the left menu (if you don't see this, select the menu icon in the upper-left corner).
  3. With the Tax Tools menu open, you can then:
  • Select Print Center and then Print, Save, or Preview This Year's Return to preview your entire return, including all forms and worksheets (you may be asked to register or pay first).

If the trades are not present after you check the forms, you may want to try clearing your cookies and cache before you try the import again. Here's how:

Each browser has a slightly different method for deleting cookies. Choose the browser you're using:

A full or corrupted cache can cause problems in TurboTax, so sometimes you need to clear your cache (that is, remove these temporary files).

Here are the official instructions for the most popular browsers:

Apple's official support site doesn't appear to contain instructions for clearing the cache in Safari. Your best bet is to search the Internet for clear Safari cache or similar search terms.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies