turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Eligible Small Business Credit

I am a co-owner of an LLC, which generated a K-1 for me to file with my personal tax returns (2019). In Box 15, there is a Code M - Credit for increasing research activities. I entered this into TurboTax and the amount associated with this entry.

When I clicked to continue, TurboTax asks me "Enter the dollar amount of Box 15, Code M of your Schedule K-1 which is an Eligible Small Business Credit, if any". Is the entire amount I entered earlier eligible? How do I figure this out?

Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Your K-1 should indicate (maybe in a Supplemental statement) whether the amount listed in Box 15 Code M, is applicable to the Eligible Small Business Credit (ESBC)  in addition to the Eligible Small Business Credit for Research Activities. 

If it is not indicated, enter the entire amount for the Eligible Small Business Credit for Research Activities. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Your K-1 should indicate (maybe in a Supplemental statement) whether the amount listed in Box 15 Code M, is applicable to the Eligible Small Business Credit (ESBC)  in addition to the Eligible Small Business Credit for Research Activities. 

If it is not indicated, enter the entire amount for the Eligible Small Business Credit for Research Activities. 

Thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies