turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

E-file Failure

I have finished my tax return and want to efile my federal and state forms and payment info.

The app will not complete the sending of my returns because it says I need to update the app.  I have checked and Update function tells me there are no updates available...my program is up-to-date.

HELP...I need to file my taxes and the program will not permit me to send.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

E-file Failure

Any answer to this? I am experiencing the same problem.

E-file Failure

@Anonymous 

You do not provide enough information for anyone to attempt to help you. 

Any response requires details about what device you are attempting to file from, and exactly which platform and version you are using (...a) Online, mobile "app", or desktop software?.....b) Free, Basic, Deluxe, Premier...etc.?    c) phone, tablet, or full MAC or Windows computer?....)  ANNND if not for 2018 taxes, then what tax year you are attempting to use ? ..(.i.e. only 2018 taxes can be e-filed now).

IF you are using the Online PLUS version or any of the Deluxe or higher software versions, you can call TTX reps and let them talk you thru it on the phone...weekdays only.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
FlyOV10s
Returning Member

E-file Failure

Attempted numerous times to e-file.  Program states,

Your Transmission Didn't Go Through

TurboTax was unable to send your return to the Intuit Electronic Filing Center, for the following reason:

Validation failed: There is an update available for your program. Before you can e-file, you'll need to get this update. To do this, go to the TurboTax menu and select Check for Updates.

Looks like we've had a technical hiccup.

Try e-filing again. If that doesn't work, you can print your return and file by mail.

The Check for Updates option and received a "Let's try that again... We tried... but experienced a network problem and were unable to finish our search." Our internet service is working fine. We would prefer to e-file. Are your servers in overload (i.e., busy) and what are my options? Thank you.

E-file Failure

@FlyOV10s Download and install the manual update.

Once you start the update, it take awhile....go have breakfast.

You might have to use Edge to download it...Chrome sometimes has a problem initiating the download.

Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Bas... (intuit.com)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
FlyOV10s
Returning Member

E-file Failure

Does this apply to macOS Big Sur with Firefox and/or Safari capability only? Thanks for advise and assistance.

E-file Failure

@FlyOV10s 

Nope...that's Windows only.

You do have an internal Update selection up in the top menu of the program.....you need to run that first.

...OR...

Maybe @macuser_22   has an idea since he uses MACs and most of us don't.

OR

Call Customer Support:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

E-file Failure

@FlyOV10s wrote:

Does this apply to macOS Big Sur with Firefox and/or Safari capability only? Thanks for advise and assistance.

A basic difference between Windows and Mac is Windows allows incremental updates that only changes what is different.   A Windows "manual" update forces all of the software to be replaced.

Apple computers do not do incremental updates so every update is a total software replacement.  Every Mac update is equivalent to a manual update.

Macs can get corruption in support files that required deleting all support files and reinstalling.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

E-file Failure

My transmission didn't go through. The program sent me to turbotax.support for a work around and there is no help there. I am not interested in mailing my return after paying for this software. Please advise

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

E-file Failure

@robertjbuzzo What is the error message? Are you using a MAC or PC?

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for steps you can do to troubleshoot this issue, What if Transmit Returns doesn't work?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
-Bill

E-file Failure

I have the same problem in 2020 and for 2021 the IRS rejected my 2021 TurboTax e-filing because they have not processed my 2020 Federal Taxes which TurboTax failed to correctly file to the IRS, and there is no matching AGI from 2020 on record at the IRS because of this; therefore, the IRS rejected my TurboTax 2021 TurboTax e-filing because the AGI from 2020 is not on record at the IRS due to the lateness of having to mail my 2020 Federal Taxes to the IRS. The IRS told me they are short staffed and are behind processing mailed in 2020 Federal Tax Returns. Will TurboTax refund, or credit, me for two years of TurboTax Deluxe? 

Katina S
Intuit Alumni

E-file Failure

Your situation does not fit our 60 day money back guarantee.

@-Bill

E-file Failure

@-Bill 

To efile your 2021 tax returns...in this situation, you use last year's AGI....

...BUT.....becasue of the late filing of 2020 taxes, you use a zero ( 0 ) for your 2020 AGI.

Everyone with a non-processed 2020 tax file, no matter who is at fault, would use an AGI of zero to Efile 2021.

kcml01

E-file Failure

efile failed and turbo tax is saying I need updates but then it says I am up to date, no updates needed when I go to the update portal.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

E-file Failure

You may need to complete a manual update to complete e-filing.  If you are using the Download/Desktop version, you will need to make sure you have updated your software.  To manually update for Windows, please see the Help Article here.  For Mac, please see this Help Article.  

@kcml01

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies