Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

robbyk93

Does TurboTax Premier cover my crypto transactions made through Robinhood? The file format for records of my crypto transactions is a [PDF].

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Does TurboTax Premier cover my crypto transactions made through Robinhood? The file format for records of my crypto transactions is a [PDF].

You cannot import them from a PDF, unfortunately. However, you can link Robinhood and import them. Here's how:

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Select Federal from the left menu, and Wages & Income from the menu near the top.
  3. Scroll down and select Show more next to Investment Income.
  4. Select Start or Revisit next to Cryptocurrency.
  5. Follow the instructions and we'll calculate the gain or loss from the sale.

There's an upload limit on cryptocurrency transactions in TurboTax. If you have more than the limit, you’ll need a transaction aggregator. We’ll walk you through that in the cryptocurrency section. 

Visit the original post

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

7 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

You cannot import them from a PDF, unfortunately. However, you can link Robinhood and import them. Here's how:

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Select Federal from the left menu, and Wages & Income from the menu near the top.
  3. Scroll down and select Show more next to Investment Income.
  4. Select Start or Revisit next to Cryptocurrency.
  5. Follow the instructions and we'll calculate the gain or loss from the sale.

There's an upload limit on cryptocurrency transactions in TurboTax. If you have more than the limit, you’ll need a transaction aggregator. We’ll walk you through that in the cryptocurrency section. 

Visit the original post

In my desktop version of Premier, I can find no link for Cryptocurrency anywhere in the "wages & income"/ "investment income" section.  I've scoured the dang thing and I'm getting kinda frustrated

I am trying to import Crypto from Robinhood and Coinbase but it is only giving me the option for stocks.  No where can I find a way to import a .csv file...

any help greatly appreciated

The feature you're looking for is in TurboTax Online,

but not in TurboTax CD/download.

could we use turbotax Cd/download version for same purpose ? 

what is the solution for turboTax cd ?

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

The Desktop/CD version of TurboTax will not accept an upload of CSV files from the cryptocurrency traders like the Online version does. 

You can still enter the trades in the Investment section, under Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other, you just have to do it manually. You can enter the total for each type of transaction (long term and short term) and mail a copy of the transaction into the IRS. If you enter each transaction, you do not need to mail a copy of the transactions in.  

@ahmedkhidre

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies