turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does QEF E-file also file the state return with the California Franchise Tax Board?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Does QEF E-file also file the state return with the California Franchise Tax Board?

Quick Employer Forms does not file income tax returns.

The TurboTax software for your personal tax return has e-file available for both a federal and state tax return.

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.  Provided that you have a valid email address for the TurboTax account.

Thanks Donin.  I was using TT business to file 1099-misc forms and QEF allowed me to file them along with the 1096 with the IRS.  I opted to purchase the state option for California, but there were no instructions on how to efile  those forms with the FTB.   I read there is a combined filing, but don’t know that is done by QEF.  

The FTB instructions mention that if no paper filing is made with the IRS and no combined filing is made, paper copies need to be sent to the FTB. I did the latter which will work, but wanted to know for future purposes, if TT business or QEF will file with the FTB either in a combined filing or efile.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies