turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Did you receive a Form 1095-A for your health insurance. I check NO, every time I go back to verify the answer has been changed to Yes...WHY

This is for tax year 2019
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BillM223
Employee Tax Expert

Did you receive a Form 1095-A for your health insurance. I check NO, every time I go back to verify the answer has been changed to Yes...WHY

"I had to go manual and fill out the Form 1095-A to reflect Form1095-B." - you created a 1095-A in TurboTax and entered 1095-B data? That may not give you the desired results. 

Does your return have a form 8962 added to it? If so, this will completely confuse the IRS and invite correspondence from the them.

"Screens informed that your return would be delayed without a Form 1095-A" - this message should have made it clear that this is referring only to taxpayers who received a 1095-A or who had health insurance from the Marketplace. Taxpayers who had a 1095-B or 1095-C do not need to enter it.

"Did you receive a Form 1095-A for your health insurance. I check NO, every time I go back to verify the answer has been changed to Yes...WHY" - the explanation for this is that some questions are so critical or cause so many secondary actions, that the designers wanted the taxpayer to confirm positively their answer each time. Yes, it is confusing, because I think if you just hit Continue, it would retain your original answer - but I can't advise that because I can't be sure that it will act the same way every time you see a screen like this.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DCM5678

Thanks!

Same problem with me... No Form 1095-A because I had received a Form 1095-B.

Turbo Tax help screens had not been updated from 2018. Screens informed that your return would be delayed without a Form 1095-A. I had to go manual and fill out the Form 1095-A to reflect Form1095-B.

Definitely the most erratic edition of TTax since version one.

v/r DCM5678 

BillM223
Employee Tax Expert

"I had to go manual and fill out the Form 1095-A to reflect Form1095-B." - you created a 1095-A in TurboTax and entered 1095-B data? That may not give you the desired results. 

Does your return have a form 8962 added to it? If so, this will completely confuse the IRS and invite correspondence from the them.

"Screens informed that your return would be delayed without a Form 1095-A" - this message should have made it clear that this is referring only to taxpayers who received a 1095-A or who had health insurance from the Marketplace. Taxpayers who had a 1095-B or 1095-C do not need to enter it.

"Did you receive a Form 1095-A for your health insurance. I check NO, every time I go back to verify the answer has been changed to Yes...WHY" - the explanation for this is that some questions are so critical or cause so many secondary actions, that the designers wanted the taxpayer to confirm positively their answer each time. Yes, it is confusing, because I think if you just hit Continue, it would retain your original answer - but I can't advise that because I can't be sure that it will act the same way every time you see a screen like this.

I went ahead and processed the return, working of the fact I entered my private health care numbers from my current W2 for 2019.  i received 1095C,

To answer your question also, Form 8962 was not printed out on the final return

jblekicki
Returning Member

I have the same issue for 2021 Help

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If it is including the 1095-A and it should not be, please follow the instructions here to delete the unwanted form. 

For additional assistance, please click here to contact customer support. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies