Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

markeylor1
Returning Member

Did not put signature on my "individual income tax return" and it was sent back to me in an envelope but not the payment

As the title says,  i sent my "individual income tax return" by MAIL in an envelope with all the 1040 forms and as a payment i used a "money order" that i bought on USPS. I forgot to put the signature so they sent back to me the forms and the 3531 form explaining to me that i had to put my signature.

The problem is that the "money order" was not sent back to me. All the other forms were inside the envelope but the money order was not in there.

In this situation does the irs keeps the Money Order while they wait for me to send again the forms?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Did not put signature on my "individual income tax return" and it was sent back to me in an envelope but not the payment

LOL ....  they have most  certainly cashed the MO already and applied to your account.   Just sign the return and return it as directed so the return can be processed. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

there would be no sense for them returning the MO to you and then you sending it back. that would make it late or later  incurring additional penalties and interest for late payment

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies