turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LionelThom28
Returning Member

Did not get my taxes yet!

I didn’t get any of my taxes yet, how do I get that and what do I need to do to get it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

LionelThom28
Returning Member

Correct, I got none of my refund at all! What happened and how do I go about to get my refund for this year?

SoCalGal22
Employee Tax Expert

You can setup an ID.me account at the IRS to see any letters they may have sent you, if they believe the refund has been sent.  Did you receive your state refund?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
LionelThom28
Returning Member

I just checked my IRS account and it says: 

Your Personal Tax Data
Social Security Number or IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number:
Filing Status:
Single
Your Expected
Refund Amount:
$2,131.00
Refund Status Results
We cannot provide any information about your refund. Be sure to:

• verify your filing date;
  • check with your tax preparer or tax software provider; or
  • verify you received your electronically filed acknowledgement e-mail.
  • If you filed a complete and accurate tax return, your refund should be issued within 21 days of the received date. However, processing may take longer under certain circumstances.

I checked and I was sent that my taxes was accepted 02/28/2022 but I have received no refund, what do I do now?

LionelThom28
Returning Member

I set up a Id.me account through my IRS2Go account and still says I should be getting my refund but have not yet, how do I go about getting it? I checked my IRS account and it says I am good to go and it can take up to 21 days or 90 days but it has been much much longer!

LionelThom28
Returning Member

I did not receive my state refund at all! What’s next?

LionelThom28
Returning Member

What is next please?

@LionelThom28 ID.me  on the IRS site  has nothing to do with your state refund.  

Federal and state refunds come from completely separate entities,  There is no rule as to which one will come first or how much time there will be between their arrivals.

STATE RETURN

Make sure your state return was accepted:  https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
SoCalGal22
Employee Tax Expert

In your ID.me account, you can see if any letters were sent out from the IRS.  If so you can grab a copy of that letter to see why they are delaying your refund.

Next advise is to try to reach a person at the IRS, try this:

The IRS telephone number is 1-800-829-1040, and they are available from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. local time, Monday thru Friday. Accountant Amy Northard offers this cheat-sheet for navigating the IRS phone menu on her blog:

1. The first question the automated system will ask you is to choose your language.
  2. Once you’ve set your language, don’t choose Option 1 (regarding refund info).
  3. Press 2 for “For answers about your personal income taxes..” instead.
  4. Next, press 1 for “For questions about a form you have already submitted...”
  5. Next, press 3 “for all other questions.”
  6. Next, press 2 “for all other questions.”
  7. When the system asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything. After it asks twice, you will be prompted with another menu.
  8. Next, press 2 for “personal or individual tax related questions”
  9. Finally, press 4 for “all other inquiries.” The system should then transfer you to an agent.

You can also find contact information for your state here.  Advise is still the same, try setting up an online account and if they show the refund has not been released, try talking with a real person there:

https://us.aicpa.org/research/externallinks/taxesstatesdepartmentsofrevenue

I hope that answers your questions. Please feel free to give TurboTax a call anytime if you have additional questions or need assistance.

Have a great day!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies