turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It is asking me to enter my dependents modified AGI however none of my dependents made any taxable income

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

It is asking me to enter my dependents modified AGI however none of my dependents made any taxable income

Try entering $0 in response to the question about Dependent AGI.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Where is dependent's modified AGI entered in 2019 Turbotax Premier?  I was not asked anything about this when I entered the Form 1095-A information.

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

If you did not receive the Advance Premium Tax Credit, you would not have to enter this information. @davidwharris1657 

I did receive the Advance Premium Tax Credit and my dependent's modified AGI affects my repayment of a portion of this credit.

Can you please answer my original question about where to enter my dependent's modified AGI?  I did received an advance payment of the premium tax credit.  This information is necessary to determine the amount of the credit that I must repay.

jennifer361
Returning Member

I have the same question.  I need to enter my dependents modified AGI so it flows to form 8962, line 2b.  Have spent 2 hours on this and tech support can't figure it out either.  I'm using TurboTax Premier 2019.

I was told on another thread that the desktop/download version is needed for this. 

It's easy to get your payment refunded if you have already paid.

jennifer361
Returning Member

Really?  I've used this program for years and entered it last year no problem. 

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Your dependent's AGI would be on line 7 of their 1040. 

If they did not need to file, their AGI would be zero. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies