Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dweiler2000
Returning Member

Child Care FSA vs HC FSA reporting on taxes

I put the max amount into my child care FSA each year (I have three kids11 and under.) I submit receipts to the CC FSA plan and I am reimbursed. I exhausted all of the funds this past year. My non-reimbursed child care expenses were minimal and I was not going to list them when filing taxes. Do I still have to list all child care providers from the previous year, even though I already submitted proper documentation to the CC FSA for reimbursement and I'm not claiming any out-of-pocket expenses? I'm not required to with the HC FSA but I wasn't sure about the CC FSA.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Yes, you do have to include the childcare provider information on the tax return even though you already provided it to your employer for the reimbursement.  Otherwise, as far as the IRS is concerned, you did not use the funds for childcare and the amount is included as taxable income.  Hopefully, soon the plan administrator will be able to submit the information required for the reimbursement but this is not possible yet. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

For whatever reason, health care FSAs have no reporting requirements. But since the dependent care FSA is reported on your W-2, you must claim in writing to the IRS that you used the funds for qualified expenses.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies