turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Checked the 'no' box for the 'did you acquire any virtual currency' and cannot change it.

I accidentally hit the 'no' button the "Did you acquire any virtual currency in 2019" question and need to change my answer, but I cant modify the form directly and cant find the question again. How do I modify this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Checked the 'no' box for the 'did you acquire any virtual currency' and cannot change it.

To return to this question, while logged in to your return,

• Click on Federal
  • Click on Income & Expenses
  • Scroll down and click on "Wrap up income"
  • Click through pas the optional features, and you will be asked several questions, including "Did you acquire, sell, or exchange any virtual currency in 2019?"
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

To return to this question, while logged in to your return,

• Click on Federal
  • Click on Income & Expenses
  • Scroll down and click on "Wrap up income"
  • Click through pas the optional features, and you will be asked several questions, including "Did you acquire, sell, or exchange any virtual currency in 2019?"
redacted

I have the same situation and need to change the answer, but there is no "Federal" to click, and I can't find "Wrap up income".

Where is this in the disc-based Home and Business edition? 

redacted

Found the answer in another thread:

None of the earlier answers worked for me. No "jump to crypto" option, etc. To revisit that virtual currency question, tried to go to Forms mode and found the question at top of Schedule 1, but it was not editable there. FINALLY was able to edit that question in Forms mode by going to "1040/1040SR Wks" worksheet, scrolling down until reached the top of schedule 1, and it was editable there. Huge amount of time spent to find this backdoor method.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having the same problem for 2021 and don't see your solution at the top of Schedule 1.  Anyone know how to solve the yes/no virtual currency question?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello... This doesn't work with the business and personal version.  Any idea how I can change the yes/no virtual currency question?  When checking yes it creates an error to add to Capital Assets and checks a box that you will have to send a PDF to the IRS since it wasn't reported by the financial institution.

GeorgeM777
Expert Alumni

If you are trying to get back to the page where you can change your answer to the virtual currency question, then in TurboTax Home & Business, go to Personal, then Personal Income, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Done with Personal Income.  After a few pages, you will see a page that will ask about virtual currency where you can edit your previous answer.

If you need to answer "yes" to the virtual currency question and your yes answer is producing the error you described, then let us know as we will need to investigate further.  

@Anonymous

Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK YOU!  That is the answer!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies