turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Bonanza62

Can you please make TurboTax 2019 compatible with Windows 7. I don't want to change my OS just to run TT. Perhaps if enough folks complain, TT will change its ridiculous plan. I've been a user for 20 years and this really ticks me off.

Started with TT online and realized right before I paid, that it won't accommodate extra family members as the CDs did previously.  Downloaded the program and after paying, it gives the message about not working on Win 7!   Now, I'm frantically trying to backup files and destroy my perfectly working system for this **bleep** program...all because they want to stick it to you online and charge for each family member.  Dealing with family deaths and lots of other stressful stuff  in addition to covid.  This sucks!

Bonanza62

Can you please make TurboTax 2019 compatible with Windows 7. I don't want to change my OS just to run TT. Perhaps if enough folks complain, TT will change its ridiculous plan. I've been a user for 20 years and this really ticks me off.

I'm sure it's easy if computers are your thing and you know where to look and what to do.  Is this something the program prompts you to do or a hack?  A link would be nice.

hey turbotax, microsoft announced that they will drop support for windows 7 in 2024, are you then going to demand of what is left of turbotax users to upgrade to windows 11?????? just messing with you cause i will be using someone else's software starting next tax season, and btw, security issues are on the user not big brother microsoft who force TT to bow down and kiss their ring, hahahaha

@finnefo wrote:

hey turbotax, microsoft announced that they will drop support for windows 7 in 2024, are you then going to demand of what is left of turbotax users to upgrade to windows 11?????? just messing with you cause i will be using someone else's software starting next tax season, and btw, security issues are on the user not big brother microsoft who force TT to bow down and kiss their ring, hahahaha

The specific end of support day for Windows 7 was January 14, 2020.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-7-support-ended-on-january-14-2020-b75d4580-2cc7....

If you don't want to use Microsoft you can still use Turbo Tax on a Mac.

@finnefo wrote:

hey turbotax, microsoft announced that they will drop support for windows 7 in 2024, are you then going to demand of what is left of turbotax users to upgrade to windows 11??????

Support for Windows 10 is not scheduled to end until October of 2025, so you have over four years to consider this dilemma. Moreover, software developed for Windows 11 may run without issue on Windows 10 (only time will tell and that is a long way off).

MikeW6577

Does this still work?

What about the automatic updates that TT requires when you run it?

How do they work without Windows 10?

And then there's the e-filing.

It was there that I got stopped last year after filing out everything.

I ended up just printing it off & sending it in then. It wouldn't let me e-file.

Thanks

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Here are the Windows system requirements for TurboTax 2019-2022.   This is an old thread; if you would like to start a new thread topic for your current question, use this link.  @MikeW6577

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies