turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jesuslsd

Can you cancel my payment if my payment has been processed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Did you e-file your return successfully?  If so, there is no refund option.

If you're asking for another reason, a TurboTax Customer Service agent may be able to help you.  Use the info below to contact Support during business hours.

What is the TurboTax phone number? 

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you. 

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
jesuslsd

I did not make any e-file. but a customer representative did not approve to refund. 

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@jesuslsd Payment is not required until you either print or e-file your return.  What did you pay for if not to e-file, please?

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
jesuslsd

I do not know. somehow I chose deluxe, and again I did not know there is additional $40 for state. I should read sooo carefully.

I thought I was done for filing in turbotax so I bought it deluxe, but I did not see the function or options to choose efiling or no to efiling. I always chose not e-filing of state. This year something was different, it was not familiar to me. And I called serveral time for submitting of my efiling, but I could not because I am able to submit Jan. 31 because of what I bought deluxe. This is still I do not get it that I am not able to submit my files, how my files are already filing in IRS. 

Sorry I didn't follow your last post.  But in the online version Deluxe and above state is a separate $40.  The Online fees are to prepare the return whether you efile or print and mail.  Efiling is free and included.

Did you maybe use the Desktop program before?  The fees work different especially for state.

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@jesuslsd I'm wondering if you're saying that you WERE able to e-file your IRS (federal) return, but your state return hasn't yet been filed?  If that's what you're saying, that's probably because your state return has some forms not yet available.  If you already purchased Deluxe Online, and paid extra $40 for a state return, you won't be charged again when you are able to e-file your state return.  But you WILL have to wait until your IRS return has been "Accepted" before TurboTax will allow you to e-file your state return.  

You should be notified by email when your state forms are ready.  At that point, as long as your IRS return has been accepted, you can follow the instructions linked below to go ahead and e-file your state return.

How do I e-file my state after I already filed my federal? 

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies