turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't access previous years Turbo Tax

I downloaded 2019  Turbo Tax on my new computer. Please help me since the  program cannot access the information from previous years. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

If you completed prior tax years on another computer then you have to copy the tax data files over to the new computer.

On the old computer access the Documents directory and then the TurboTax folder.  Copy the contents of the TurboTax folder and then copy the contents to the new computer to the same Directory and Folder.

If you completed the prior tax years using the TurboTax online editions you will have to download the tax data file.

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download .tax file

1metehan1
Returning Member

I reset my modem , my router and firewall. Still the 2019 turbo tax is asking for activation which was done before

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

You will need to contact TurboTax Support to have someone review your order and provide a new activation code.

Contact TurboTax Support

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
1metehan1
Returning Member

did turbotax fix that issue and is turbo tax confirming they will not have the same software problem for 2022 tax program ? Thanks

1metehan1
Returning Member

Do we copy PDF file or the actual TurboTax return file? thanks

To transfer 2021 into 2022?  You need to transfer the .tax2021 file into a new blank return.  Or what do you mean?  What are you trying to copy into?

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies