Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can not login to Morgan Stanley Stockplan Connect to import tax data. Tells me invalid username or password. I can access the site directly using same credentials..

• I changed my username to a very simple 11 character username with no special characters. No luck.
  • I changed my password to a very weak one with no special characters. No luck. 
  • I did both of the above at the same time. No luck.

I contacted MS tech support and provided a screen shot from TT as well as links to the 2 threads on the intuit forum discussing this (dating back to June 2019). Now I can't change my MS username back (although my password is back to a strong one) and my account is locked. <sigh>

Prior to this week I entered MS info and got a message saying it would be available 3/2/2020, so Monday. I thought that meant TT was able to log in but perhaps not.

Can not login to Morgan Stanley Stockplan Connect to import tax data. Tells me invalid username or password. I can access the site directly using same credentials..

I tried all the same suggestions noted here, no luck.

I have a case open with MS.

TT can access my other online accounts, just not Stockplan Connect :(

chyates

Anyone have luck getting this to work, same boat here changed my password and still doesn't work.

MrKrabs

I've never been able to get this to work. There's an underlying issue with the way TT attempts to communicate with MSSC/B. The response from the server is error 400 (bad request) which means the details being submitted from TT are invalid and are being rejected.

danhanso

Same here - the issue is clearly with Turbo Tax - it worked last year not now.  I tried some diff passwords at MS, etc.  It does not matter if MS uses different servers for web or download - they all use this fancy new technology that has been around for 2 decades called SSO and a single authority.

I wonder how many customers have to be treated badly by TurboTax for them to actually invest in fixing?  They should have ample cycles after the obviously reduced QA cycles put to their software.

I will wait another week I guess - then join all the other users who use this small company of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney who have to manually input.

I am now worried I have to check all the math being done in my Turbo Tax this year if this is the level of quality here.

I gave up and manually entered.  Its interesting that my wife's IBM stockplan connect worked with a username of 10 characters worked but mine which was Cisco had an 8 character name and that failed. Based on the comments, I did attempt changing to 10 characters and failed. Simplified the password. No dice. It would be nice if these programs produced connection logs.  Turbotax and quicken constantly have issues communicating with third parties.  You would think they could work with these third parties to set up test accounts to validate.  This could easily be automated testing on updates and nightly regressions.  Honestly some of these programs, I don't think they have  QA running any tests.  Quicken in there online bills support if it failed on any during a Update all would stop and not run through the list.  This is basic programming and every other update seems to break functionality.

I too am Cisco and it doesn't work for me either. I spoke with a representative at Morgan Stanley who read me portions of an email indicating that anyone with multiple global IDs in their HR profile would not be able to import. So I called Cisco HR, who told me my global ID has been the same for 21 years.

Another odd occurrence talking with Turbo Tax support tier 1, first claiming that it's a browser problem (I'm using installed TT Deluxe), but then she stated that she would be unable to help or escalate my problem unless I shared my screen with her. I told her no, if she could not believe my word that it's a simple "Your username and/or password are incorrect" message to escalate the case. She refused to do so, I hung up.

I absolutely hate doing manual entry. I'm getting in touch with Amazon and request a return. I'm done with Intuit.

Also a Cisco employee...I'm beginning to see a trend here...

NOT that it matters to Intuit / Turbo Tax...my case was closed after Tier 2 did promise to keep the case open and escalate.  No response.  I filled out a post survey and put my comments.  No response.

It's sad to see a company that used to have great software and support drop the ball like this.

#TurboTaxFail

Just passing along what I was told by the very nice Morgan Stanley person working my ticket - they were told the problem is due to the way Cisco set up the stock plan connectivity. He went on to mention several things told to him, though it didnt make a lot of sense. Since he was passing along information I didnt press the issue, just took away the fact that it wont be fixed any time soon and I'd have to manually input everything. Not the first frustration I've had with MS. 

But it's worked for years. Why would connectivity change in 2019?

When nobody knows, everybody has a theory.

Same problem here. Cisco Employee. Talked to someone at Morgan Stanley today who encouraged us to remove special characters from password. It still indicates invalid username/password. Could import from all other sites but not MS stockplanconnect. 

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately, you may need to make manual entries if you cannot import.

Here's how you enter your 1099-B in TurboTax:

1. Open (continue) your return if it isn't already open.
  2. In TurboTax, search for 1099-B and then select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or other investments in 2019? If you see Here's the info we have for these investment sales, select Add More Sales.
  4. Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-B or brokerage statement for these sales?
  5. At Let's get your tax info, choose how you want to enter your 1099-B (type it in yourself).
  6. Follow the instructions.

@Olennatyrell

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yeah I went through all that, made my username and password stupidly simple, no difference. Afterwards I couldn't get back to my original username, even with help from MS on the phone. 

SK_CA
Returning Member

It is June 5th 2020  now but the problem is not yet solved. I just called MS and they  said the case will be handled by tier 2 support in 3-5 business days.  I am not expecting anything though.

Any solution for this? Still stuck.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies