turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I use my iMac with High Sierra operating system (version 10.13.6) for TurboTax 2020?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Can I use my iMac with High Sierra operating system (version 10.13.6) for TurboTax 2020?

No.   The Apple supplied Developers tools needed to create the new 2020 software do not support 10.13 because Apple chooses not to.   That is a Apple decision.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
cluidens
Returning Member

What version is needed on my iMac?  And, I made the mistake of buying and downloading TurboTax before knowing that, so can I get my money back?

See my answer above.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
cluidens
Returning Member

So I can use High Sierra version 10.14, if there is one.  If not, can I get my money back?

TurboTax requires OSX 10.14 (Catalina) or later.  High Sierra is 10.13.

Of course that is for the CD/Download desktop version installed on your Mac.  Online versions will work with ANY comparable browser and the OS is not important.

cluidens
Returning Member

How do I get my money back, if I can't upgrade?

cluidens
Returning Member

Where is the file kept if I do it online?  NOT big on having it in the "Cloud".

@cluidens wrote:

Where is the file kept if I do it online?  NOT big on having it in the "Cloud".

On the TurboTax server, but you can download a copy.

Online also does not have all the same features - there is  no "forms mode" to view the forms and each account is only good for one tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies