turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I trust Turbotax?

I have been filing with Turbotax for 7 years without any problems, but since the issues with the second stimulus payments were messed up, I'm questioning if my tax return will have any issues as well. Can I trust that Turbotax will handle my return without any problems?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
pk
Level 15
Level 15

Can I trust Turbotax?

@Suthrngaltx , I can speak ONLY on the preparation of the return and transmission to the IRS/State.  On these two functions, TurboTax  will do fine as it has for years ( note that these two services are very similar for most large  tax prep services).  The trouble with the second economic impact credit , as far as I understand, was caused  by a whole bunch of  unforeseen  issues  , not the least at the IRS.   You are aware that this was a  an advance payment on the credit  and  thus will be reconciled  during the  2020 return preparation-- so it is not lost, just some may end up getting this as a refundable credit  when one files  a return.

Is there more I can do for you ?

Can I trust Turbotax?

This is a question you will have to answer yourself based on your own common sense conclusions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies