turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

japji08

Can I refile electronically again and how? I e-filed my tax return for 2018 through TurboTax and have ID no etc. But IRS wrote that they have not received it.

can I refile electronically again and how?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I refile electronically again and how? I e-filed my tax return for 2018 through TurboTax and have ID no etc. But IRS wrote that they have not received it.

e-filing for 2018 is closed. you must mail in the return. be sure to follow TT filing instructions.  mail using a method where you get proof of delivery. 

Not sure when you e-filed your 2018 return---or when you think you e-filed it.  E-filing has been permanently closed for 2018 returns since October of 2019.  After that, the only way to file a 2018 return has been to print, sign and mail it in.  If you tried to e-file it before the deadline last year, maybe it was rejected and you did not notice.  If so, you can still file it but it has to be mailed.

Were you supposed to get a refund or do you owe tax due?  Post back with more information on what you did to file 2018 so we know how to help you.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies