turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I copy the download of Turbotax Premier that I purchased to another computer so I can work on my laptop instead of desktop?

I purchased the download of Turbotax Premier 2017 and downloaded it to my desktop but it will not open and says there is a problem.  Can I copy it to my laptop?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Can I copy the download of Turbotax Premier that I purchased to another computer so I can work on my laptop instead of desktop?

Yes, you can copy the download to your laptop. Or, if you purchased it from TurboTax.com, you can download it again directly to your laptop. You can install the download on any computer that you own.

You appear to be using a Mac. Are you sure you got the Mac download, and not the Windows download?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
findlay22

Where is my copy of turbotax stored?
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Yes, you can copy the download to your laptop. Or, if you purchased it from TurboTax.com, you can download it again directly to your laptop. You can install the download on any computer that you own.

You appear to be using a Mac. Are you sure you got the Mac download, and not the Windows download?

i bought taxcut to download to my desktop. it has failed. i want to know how to download to  my laptop without paying again?

EMCII
Returning Member

installed from cd to 1st computer, want to download to 2nd

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@EMCII Since you have the CD, you should be able to install TurboTax on another device. Have your license code handy and give our live representatives a call for assistance with downloading the product to your second computer:  Contact TurboTax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
natgreen35
Returning Member

I purchase Turbotax Premier and install it on my desktop, can I install it on my laptop?

Nathaniel

@natgreen35 wrote:

I purchase Turbotax Premier and install it on my desktop, can I install it on my laptop?

Nathaniel

You can install the TurboTax software purchased on up to 5 computers that you personally own.

Last year there was a problem if you installed it from a CD then want to download or install it on another computer.   It doesn't connect you to an account you can find. You have to call in and ask for the download and a new License Code. 

See this FAQ.  It says....you can download your software directly from TurboTax. But, keep in mind, you can't use both the CD and the download — you must use or or the other.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies