Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

By the time I get an email with the code it has time out. Its taken 30 mins plus to get an email. I have been sitting at my desk now for 3 hours.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

By the time I get an email with the code it has time out. Its taken 30 mins plus to get an email. I have been sitting at my desk now for 3 hours.

I don't know why it is taking so long for you to receive the email with the code.

Are you able to receive text messages?   If so, see if changing your contact info to "text message only" will solve it.  Here's how:

• If your return is open, in the left menu column click way down near the bottom on Intuit Account.
  • That will take you to your Account Settings.  In the Sign In and Security section, find your phone listing and click EDIT to expand that section.
  • It will ask how you wish to be contacted--change it to text only.   You can change it back later.

Then go back to your return and have it send you another code.  Hopefully it will arrive by text.    Be sure to leave the window open where it's asking for the code while you retrieve the code.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies