turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Betterment 1099 not Importing on Desktop

Hi There,

I have made sure my Betterment credentials are absolutely correct, including following the 2fa instructions.

When clicking continue I get a response that says there are no tax documents available...but there most certainly are! Help fix this please. I have 15+ pages on that 1099 and would rather not have to do something manually that I paid for.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I have this same exact problem this year! It worked for me last year, so there's clearly something wrong with the program this year. Turbotax really needs to fix this!

I found it works with online version, but not desktop. But I have 99% of the return done already on Desktop version, and I don't know if there is anyway to consolidate.

Come on TurboTax, fix this issue!

I'm having the same issue! It worked last year, but this year I get the same message that there is no file to import, but I have several pages of data to enter.

Help!!!!!

Check your 1099-B transaction list to see how many wash sales you have.

As an active investor, be aware that your category Box A sales without adjustments do not require Form 8949, so there is no reason to import or key in those transactions.
Instead use the "enter a summary" option to put your numbers on Schedule D Line 1a.
--
If you have wash sales, it gets more complicated since those adjusted transactions have to be itemized on Form 8949 and the summary totals adjusted accordingly.

Enter the wash sales on Form 8949, then use the subtotal results on the bottom of that form to know how much to subtract. Be sure to NOT check the adjustments box in the summary window.

I mean it would be better if I didn’t have to worry about it and TurboTax would do what I paid it to do. I get Premier because I want it to deal with it, not me. 

If you have no wash sales you can be done in sixty seconds.

If you import, TurboTax always warns you to review the results carefully for errors or omissions.

I am having the same issue, please help TurboTax!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies