turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Automatic federal to state data transfer—we transferred your federal tax info so you didn't have to start your state return from scratch.. I want to revert this helpp

I was under the asumption we have to make payments to do this. I want to revert this option. Please help.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JessicaG

Automatic federal to state data transfer—we transferred your federal tax info so you didn't have to start your state return from scratch.. I want to revert this helpp

Information inputted under Federal Taxes will automatically transfer to your State Taxes.  This is to save you time from inputting the exact same information again.  You do not have to pay for this. 

However, you do have to pay to have your State Taxes prepared through TurboTax.  You can delete your state return from your account to avoid having to pay the state preparation fee, but you do need to file your state return if you live in a state the requires it.

My federal information has always updated to my MA return in the past, however this year nothing transferred over even though my federal return is complete and has checked out error free.

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

All of your information from your Federal return should transfer to the state. What version of the software are you using? Is it the online software or desktop? Have you tried deleting your state return and starting over?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies