turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wrh05

Any ideas how to clear my computer of the erroneous2018 program so 2019 will work?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Any ideas how to clear my computer of the erroneous2018 program so 2019 will work?

First of all do you mean to get ready for NEXT year 2019 program?  Or are you asking about a current 2018 return you are doing now in 2019?

Actually it doesn't matter.  Each year is totally separate.  If you don't want an incorrect return transferring into the next year then just don't transfer from it.  Start a brand new return.  Your return is kept in the .tax2018 file and not stored in the program.    So you can even delete the wrong .taxyyyy file.

If you are asking about a TurboTax program installed on your computer instead of a tax return file, you can go to your computer system and choose to delete the TurboTax program for the year you want to delete. In Windows 10, just type Add or remove program in the search box and the lower left corner and then click on Add or remove program. Select the TurboTax program year you want to delete and choose uninstall.

Prior year programs should not interfere with current year program. Was there a problem with the prior year installation?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies