or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fpc
Level 4

Advantage of Premier over Deluxe ?

I've been asked to purchase TurboTax (Desktop, Windows 10) for a friend of mine.  He has always used Premier in the past.  I've told him that perhaps Deluxe would work fine for him.  He does have some investments and stocks.  No home sale ... Nothing else unusual in 2021.

It appears to me that the only advantage of Premier over Deluxe is that Premier offers more help within the program.  Since he does the same thing every year, would the additional Help information actually offer value?

He would have to transfer his 2020 Premier tax file (Desktop & Windows 10) into the 2021 version of TurboTax he buys, but that doesn't seem to be an issue either.

thank you for the help.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
VolvoGirl
Level 15

You are right.  Deluxe would work for him.  Sounds like he is familiar with what he needs to enter.  Yes you can transfer from any version into any version.  Even Windows to Mac.  And online to Desktop.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
VolvoGirl
Level 15

You are right.  Deluxe would work for him.  Sounds like he is familiar with what he needs to enter.  Yes you can transfer from any version into any version.  Even Windows to Mac.  And online to Desktop.

View solution in original post

fpc
Level 4

Perfect.

Thank you for your time VG !

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v