turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2020 tax refund

Hi,

I still haven't gotten my 2020 tax refund.  After multiple communications, I recently was told by IRS I need to resubmit my paper 2020 paper work that I originally had mailed in 6/21.  They told me they do not have a record that they recieved it.  

I did by paper a  20201040 (won't ever do that again).  I was the head of household with one child under "credit for other dependants" due to him being 18 years old onl 7/15/21.  I rent, only income from my job.  No other income, no deducions other that my son.   I did buy a RAV 4 prime in 9/20 that qualified for the $7500 tax credit. Therefore, I filled out a schedule 3.   All I plan to mail in again, is my 2 pages of the 2020 1040 form, the schedule 3 and my W2. 

In 2021, I used turbotax and I had to fill out a schedule 8812 since I was this year claiming my younger child DOB 7/13/05 (switch which of two sons, back and forth with my ex)

I am about to mail in my 2020 paperwork again.  I want to make sure I am not missing anything.  My understanding is I didn't need to attach the schedule 8812 for since in 2020 I claimed my older son.  Is that correct?  Any other forms, I needed to fill out for 2020?  I really want to get my 2020.  It is a big chunk of money.  

Thanks,

Laurel

Laurel 

send 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
conniem123
Employee Tax Expert

2020 tax refund

Hi lharlamoff,  Since your 2020 tax return included the Other Dependent Credit you should also have a Form 8812 for 2020 that you would include in your mailing.

Hope this is helpful!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies