turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2020 Federal Estimated Tax payment due dates

Is the second 2020 Federal Estimated Tax payment still due on June 15?

Thank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Yes, as of now, there is no information on any change in estimated tax payment due dates. However, I recommend checking this FAQ page from the IRS for any updates. It does reflect the April 15, 2020 deadline change already to July 15, 2020.

From the IRS: When are quarterly estimated tax payments due?

Please see this resource for deadline updates:

The Tax Deadline Delayed: What to know about Coronavirus COVID-19 and your Taxes and State Tax Updat...

[Edited 3/24/2020 | 10:54 AM PST]

@rart942 

@AndrewQQ 

View solution in original post

20 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Yes, as of now, there is no information on any change in estimated tax payment due dates. However, I recommend checking this FAQ page from the IRS for any updates. It does reflect the April 15, 2020 deadline change already to July 15, 2020.

From the IRS: When are quarterly estimated tax payments due?

Please see this resource for deadline updates:

The Tax Deadline Delayed: What to know about Coronavirus COVID-19 and your Taxes and State Tax Updat...

[Edited 3/24/2020 | 10:54 AM PST]

@rart942 

@AndrewQQ 

From  :https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/payment-deadline-extended-to-july-15-2020" : "

This filing and payment relief includes:

The 2019 income tax filing and payment deadlines for all taxpayers who file and pay their Federal income taxes on April 15, 2020, are automatically extended until July 15, 2020. This relief applies to all individual returns, trusts, and corporations. This relief is automatic, taxpayers do not need to file any additional forms or call the IRS to qualify.

This relief also includes estimated tax payments for tax year 2020 that are due on April 15, 2020."

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Thank you for your post.

This link has federal and state updates.   Federal Tax Updates (Last Update: 3/20/20)

[Edited 03/24/2020 | 10:47 am PDT]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

But a AARP Tax Aide friend of mine asked me what about the Estimateds that are due in June (!).  The wording ONLY talked about the April estimateds.....geez, these things get complicated!  🙂

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

We have not seen any official word on how the 2nd quarter will be affected at this time. 

Hello, 

I have a question about paying the taxes through my refund but it says that they will bill me 125 dollars on April 3. Will I be bill still even though the changes of whats going on been made? Who can I talk to because I have barely had anything in my account and due to my refund not being sent to me yet on my checking account even though it was accepted January 21, 2020, that federal has accepted so what is the delay of this process being made? I have to feed my family and because of the school district down I cannot work :( 

VictoriaD75
Employee Tax Expert

You will need to contact TurboTax Support. We cannot change payment dates through this forum. Once the return has been accepted by the IRS, TurboTax does not receive updates regarding refund processing. You can track your refund through the IRS Where's my Refund tool.

Where's My Refund

What is the TurboTax phone number

OK, so the Q1 estimate is now due 7/15/2020. However is the Q2 estimate still due 6/15/2020, prior to the extended Q1 estimate due date?

KrisD15
Employee Tax Expert

YES!!!

As far as we know, the second installment is due before the first!

akvelji
Returning Member

IR-2020-66, April 9, 2020 Just provided the information - The due dates are Voucher 1 - July 15, 2020, Voucher 2 - July 15, 2020, Voucher 3 - September 15, 2020, Voucher 4 - January 15, 2021.  https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-extends-more-tax-deadlines-to-cover-individuals-trusts-estates-corp... 

Turbo Tax is still printing the old due date of June 15, 2020 on the voucher for 2nd estimated tax payment.

Thank you but I have found out today (direct from IRS website) that the second voucher due date remains at June 15th although the first voucher is not due until July 15th.

Re-read the link quoted above (https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-extends-more-tax-deadlines-to-cover-individuals-trusts-estates-corp...  ); "Estimated Tax Payments".  "This means that any individual or corporation that has a quarterly estimated tax payment due on or after April 1, 2020, and before July 15, 2020, can wait until July 15 to make that payment, without penalty."  That's for BOTH the April and June quarterlies.

R3
Returning Member

1049-ES Payment Voucher 1 is still showing a due date of 04/15/2020.

david136

where can I find the 2020 estimated tax forms?

Manage cookies