turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2020 F1040 Printing On 3 Pages Instead Of 2 Pages.

I have the CD version of Turbotax 2020 Deluxe on my Mac. Why is F1040 previewing and printing on 3 pages when the IRS form is only 2 pages long? The other forms seem to be ok.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turns out all is well. It changed from 1040 to 1040-SR when I entered date of birth. The SR version of the form is large print so takes up 3 pages instead of two. I went into Forms and changed it back to the standard 1040 with no problems after.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are having issues and need assistance, please contact customer support. Please see the Customer Support phone number below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

If you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How are you printing it?   With the FILE -> Print -> Returns for your Record -> 2020 Federal tax return -> Tax Return only?

There should be 3 pages - the first with mailing instructions and a summary and 2 with the 1040.

Of you only want the 2 page 1040 the  select FILE -> Print -> Selected forms and only check the 1040 form.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Turns out all is well. It changed from 1040 to 1040-SR when I entered date of birth. The SR version of the form is large print so takes up 3 pages instead of two. I went into Forms and changed it back to the standard 1040 with no problems after.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies