2019 Turbo Tax will 'Save'

I have successfully downloaded 2\the 2019 TurboTax software top my MAC.  I have transferred my 2018 data to this file.

The 2019 TurboTax software will not allow me to save this file to any existing file. 

Help?

2019 Turbo Tax will 'Save'

Ok ... so you opened the program, started a new return & transferred in the 2018 info ?   So what are you now trying to save ?   The started 2019 return ? 

2019 Turbo Tax will 'Save'

How do I transfer last year's return into the 2019 TurboTax for Mac software?

To transfer info from your 2018 TurboTax for Mac return:

1. Open TurboTax for Mac 2019 and choose File New Tax Return.
  2. Click Begin and choose Use a tax return that's on my computer.
  3. Select your 2018 return from the list and click Continue.
  4. Click Continue to review the transferred information. We'll also give you opportunities to review, edit, or delete transferred information later on.

Be aware that once you've gone past the Transfer screens, you can't go back to revisit them. If you need to re-do your transfer, go back to Step 1 to start over with a new return.

2019 Turbo Tax will 'Save'

Yes. The message says, (the file name) cannot be opened...

2019 Turbo Tax will 'Save'

@bloodhound1 wrote:

It does not get saved to an "existing" file.   It creates a new file "<name>.tax2019"  that is default stored in your documents folder (unless you specify a different location).     You can use File -> Save or just quit TurboTax and it will ask the first time whey to save it and if you want to password protect the file.

2019 Turbo Tax will 'Save'

Am having the same issue.  Start a new return in TT 2019, transfer 2018 info, then try to "Save" or "Save As" and get the error message "File not found.  Check the file name and try again".  Have the same problem if I simply try to start a new return from scratch without transferring 2018 info.

Using Windows 10, version 1903

2019 Turbo Tax will 'Save'

This happens when you enable Controlled Folder Access but don't add the TurboTax program to the allowed list. Go to settings and Add using "recently blocked  apps"

OR Turn off the protection.

@bloodhound1  What's happening on your MAC, I have no idea.

2019 Turbo Tax will 'Save'

I think that MAY have been the issue.  When I first posted this, I had already changed the Controlled Folder Access when a pop-up notified me that it had blocked an app, but that didn't solve the issue immediately.  AFTER posting this, I noticed that the November Windows update from yesterday was awaiting a reboot.  With the reboot, I could now save my 2019 files.  I didn't think the change of the Controlled Folder Access required a reboot, but in any event, I'm now good!

Thanks for the help!

2019 Turbo Tax will 'Save'

WIN 10 updates can often wreak havoc ... after any update reboot the computer at least twice to insure it all updates are installed correctly.