turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Eleonor

2018 TAXES

Hello,

My 2018 taxes were completed with Turbotax. However, I received a statement from the IRS that it was not completed. Since I paid for services, am I able to open 2018 files and submit them through Turbotax?

Thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

2018 TAXES

@Eleonor wrote:

Hello,

My 2018 taxes were completed with Turbotax. However, I received a statement from the IRS that it was not completed. Since I paid for services, am I able to open 2018 files and submit them through Turbotax?

Thank you!

Is the IRS letter stating that the 2018 tax return was not filed or is it stating that the 2018 taxes owed were not paid?

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

A 2018 tax return can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.

Print, sign, date and mail the tax return to the IRS.  Include with the mailed return any forms W-2 and 1099 which have taxes withheld.  Go to this IRS website for mailing addresses - https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

There are no penalties for filing a tax return after the due date if filing for a tax refund or there are no taxes owed.

2018 TAXES

Just paying the Turbo Tax fees does not file the return.  You had to continue on through the File tab through the 3 steps and hit the big orange Transmit Returns Now button.

Did you efile?  Was it Accepted?  Maybe you didn't finish filing it or it Rejected.  When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?

Then when you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepte.d or Rejected your efile.  Check back though your emails if you have them.

Sorry if you didn't finish Efiling or it rejected you have to print and mail prior returns now.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies