turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099G Copy

I received my 1099g in the mail and then lost it before I could file. I called my state department to get a copy and was told that because it’s PUA they do not have a copy. I registered on my state website to view online and it says I have none available. So any advise on where to get a copy of 1099G for federal PUA payments received? Do I have to have it to file or is there another way that is legal? Please help!!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

1099G Copy

You might try to contact your state unemployment office again to see if they can tell you who issued the (PUA )1099-G.  Then you can contact that agency to see if they can get you a duplicate 1099-G.  Someone issued it, so someone has a copy of it.  You just have to find out who that is to get a duplicate.

If you  received your unemployment from the State Unemployment Office, then they have to be able to either help you get  a copy of the 1099-G or tell you where to go to get one.

You are supposed to include all income when you file your income tax return.

Did you keep records of how much you received?  If so, you should be able to include it in your return by saying you didn't get a 1099G so you can report it when you file your return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies