turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Questions about my turbo tax charges.

When filing my taxes I only selected the $34.99 upgrade option.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Did you select to have your payment taken out of your refund (refund processing fee)? Or did you file a state return as well?
Rashaud

If your TurboTax Online fees aren't quite what you expected, it's likely you (unintentionally) upgraded to a higher version like PLUS or better, added a state, and/or chose one or more optional services such as Refund Processing or Audit Defense.

After signing in to online return, select Tools from the My Account drop-down list in the upper right corner.

In the pop-up window, click the shopping cart (My Fees) to get a breakdown of your TurboTax charges.

For help with these, refer to the related articles below.

·       How do I remove the Refund Processing Service?

·       Can I switch to a lower-priced version of TurboTax Online?

·       How do I delete my state in TurboTax Online?

·       Can I remove PLUS?

·       Can I remove MAX?

·       How do I remove the Premium Services fee?

·       Why am I being charged for TurboTax Federal Free Edition?

·       How do I pay my TurboTax Online fees?

If you choose to deduct the TurboTax fees from your refund, SBTPG (Santa Barbara Tax Products Group) opens a temporary bank account in your name at one of their 2 banks--Civista Bank of Sandusky, Ohio or Green Dot Bank. They receive your funds from the IRS, subtract the fees, then send the rest of your funds on to your bank account in a second direct deposit.  Then they close the temporary bank account they set up for you. There is a 34.99 service fee for that option (39.99 in California, where it is bundled with Premium Services.)

You can avoid the Refund Processing fee by paying your TurboTax fees with a credit or debit card instead.

Here's how to remove the Refund Processing Service before you e-file:

1. Sign in to your online return, if you're not already signed in.
  2. Click File in the upper right corner and proceed to the Just one more step screen.
  3. On this screen, click the first Revisit link (next to You've chosen to deduct your TurboTax fees from your federal refund).
  4. Click View Payment Options on the next screen, and then select Pay with credit card on the screen after that.
  5. Complete payment by entering your credit or debit card information.
  6. Continue to the Just one more step screen to make sure the Refund Processing Service has been removed. Step 1 should now show that you paid with your credit or debit card

Please note that once your e-filed return is in pending or accepted status, it's too late to remove the Refund Processing Service.

However, if your return gets rejected and you decide to file a paper return, the Refund Processing Service and related fees, if any, drop off anyway because Refund Processing is only available on e-filed returns.

Scott451

I selected to have my payment come out of my refund. However, there was a withdraw from TurboTax of  $32.40 in my bank acct. 4/10/20, What is this ? Didn't they or you take my payment ? Please do explain !

Scott451

And I have long before this have already gotten my deposited return, so ????

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies