Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Question im doing my taxes for this year and i planned to get the deluxe package of protection for 34.99 now at the end of my taxes being done with im being charged 69.99

is there really a 34.99 tax fee on this?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Question im doing my taxes for this year and i planned to get the deluxe package of protection for 34.99 now at the end of my taxes being done with im being charged 69.99

There is an extra $34.99 charge to have your TT fees deducted from your refuind. You can avoid this by paying with a credit card.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

There is an extra $34.99 charge to have your TT fees deducted from your refuind. You can avoid this by paying with a credit card.

It's a scam. Even if your discount works after you enter everything they charge you an additional $36 to file state.
I called turbotax, they told me I have to redo everything. Better yet, they told me turbotax isn't actually charging me, it's the state cost. I live in CA, there is no fee.
After I told her this she put me on hold, came back and told me it was the IRS fee.
Never using TurboTax again
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies