Problems with return
Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Problems with return

So my sister and her husband used H&R Block last year and they messed up their return so bad.  I Filed this year for them and this popped up.  I have not seen anything throughout the filing process that would indicate any of the following from my filing this year.  I don't recall seeing any of this in the final return after a 3rd update from H&R Block.  And now I can't E-file the return for them at this moment.  I do not know where to even look to find this to resolve the issues.

The IRS has found the following problems with your return:

  • If 'PINTypeCd' in the Return Header has the value "Self-Select On-Line" and the filing status of the return is married filing jointly and each of the following does not have a value: ['SpecialProcessingLiteralCd' and 'CombatZoneCd' and 'SpecialProcessingCodeTxt' and 'PrimaryDeathDt'], then 'PrimaryBirthDt' in the Return Header must match the e-File database.
4 Replies
Employee Tax Expert

Problems with return

It looks like some data is missing or inconsistent in the My Info (or Personal Info in some versions) section of the program. 


Revisit this section to verify the data there.  It seems to be suggesting a few things but the one that may apply in your case is the primary taxpayer's date of birth (the one listed first.)   Verify this data before refiling - a typo here would prevent the return from going through the e-File system. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Returning Member

Problems with return

I need help with my taxes to file because they were rejected IRS please someone help me with to fix the problem

Not applicable

Problems with return

the IRS gets the birth dates from the Social Security Adm.  so if the date your using doesn't match what the SSA furnished to the IRS you will be unable to e file until this is corrected.   you can contact the SSA to verify what;s on file but if for some reason the birth date doesn't match the birth certificate, you probably have to meet with a SSA rep.  this can take weeks to set up.  if you can't file by 7/15/2020 you should file an extension (good to 10/15/2020) but any balance must be paid by 7/15.  even then considering the IRS is so far behind in processing documents., you still may have to paper file.

Level 2

Problems with return

If you cannot file the taxes by yourself, you need to find someone who can.  The logical place to go is a tax professional - a CPA firm or a place such as H&R Block or Liberty Tax. They should correct your mistakes and tell you about what you left out from your tax return. It's worth the money.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings