turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

janahers

Price different at checkout for my preparation and file of taxes. Previously quoted 74.99 and showing $89.99

Price at checkout is suppose to be $74.99 and it is showing me 89.99 for self employed

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Price different at checkout for my preparation and file of taxes. Previously quoted 74.99 and showing $89.99

Prices are fluid until you pay for the program to lock in the most current price ... see the current price in the screenshot below.   If you were logging into TT thru a third party site then to get any advertised discounts you must enter thru that portal everytime until you pay the TT fees to secure the advertised discount. 

Price fluctuations in TT are like gas prices ... there is no guarantee they will stay the same and with TT the price always goes up ( the discount is reduced)  as the season continues.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

The Self-Employed online edition shows as $89.99 on the TurboTax website - <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/">https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/onlin...>

Did you maybe log in from another website like a broker or bank that has discounts?  You have to log in from them each time.  

Actually on my iPad I show Self Employed version for 119.99 which is crossed out and 89.99.

Prices are fluid until you pay for the program to lock in the most current price ... see the current price in the screenshot below.   If you were logging into TT thru a third party site then to get any advertised discounts you must enter thru that portal everytime until you pay the TT fees to secure the advertised discount. 

Price fluctuations in TT are like gas prices ... there is no guarantee they will stay the same and with TT the price always goes up ( the discount is reduced)  as the season continues.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies