tahoemcb

PER 1040-SR STANDARD DEDUCTION SHOULD BE $27,000 VS $25,700 USED SO FAR IN PREPARING OUR RETURN,PLEASE EXPLAIN?

SteamTrain

BOTH spouses had to be 65 or older during 2019.  Check their birthdates entered on the My Info page if that was true. 

(or, one could be age 65 or older, and the other younger but legally blind

or one could be age 65/older and legally blind....but the blind part needs to be set in the interview if that is the case)

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
tahoemcb

We are 83 and 79, birthdays were correctly entered, so what is happening?

SteamTrain

But..did you actually edit each person in the My Info page to ensure the bDays were entered properly?

I tried two 65 year olds (in 2019, just in case there was one-year off in the calculation ) in a test file...and it worked just fine  (at least on the Desktop software, I don't have a two-person Online test file with that situation (yet)) )

SteamTrain

I tried an 84 yo Hubby, 78 yo spouse in an Online test account...no problem:

IF you have not found an BDay entry error, Check with Customer Support.  They can get a Diagnostic file from your tax file, and see what's happening:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632